SUNY DELHI TAKES 2019 USCAA MEN'S CROSS COUNTRY TITLE
VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. -- SUNY Delhi took the two out of the top four spots and five of the top fourteen as they cruised to the 2019 USCAA Men's Cross Country National Championship this morning.
The Broncos amassed 28 points to easily outdistance SUNY-ESF who came in second with 49 and Penn State Fayette who took third with 87.
Abshir Yerow took the individual championship for SUNY Delhi covering the 8k course at the Aviation Museum in Virginia Beach, VA with a time of 25:38. Matthew Tripp from SUNY ESF took second in 26:00. Lucas Reilly was third for the SUNY Delhi Broncos in 26:36 and Brennan Guido from St. Mary of the Woods College was fourth (26:41).
Mark McClenahan from SUNY ESF came in fifth in 27:04, while SUNY Delhi’s Seth Bywater finished in sixth (27:07). Also from SUNY Delhi, Bladimir Pena finished in seventh in 27:09.Those seven were first team USCAA All-Americans.
Earning second team USCAA All-American honors for coming in eighth through 14th were:
8. Nyoah Marteny (Penn State Fayette) 27:18
9. Brady Page (St. Mary of the Woods College) 27:21
10. Simon Seidl (SUNY ESF) 27:22
11. Aaron Vivlamore (SUNY Delhi) 27:23
12. Thomas “Max” Lagarde (University of Dallas) 27:28
13. Brian Abel (Penn State Brandywine) 27:31
14. Aidan Cutting (SUNY Delhi) 27:35